Tuesday 27 December 2011

My Christmas haul

This has been one of the best Christmases for a geek like me, so I thought I would share my booty with you all.

It has been a hard decision but I think this is my most favourite present this year, a little Wonder Woman, so very very cute I love it. Not sure about what to do with it, think I am going to have to rethink my mantlepiece, which currently stores a variety of crap including a random pot of pens, several different sided dice, half a bottle of bubbles with no lid, two watches, three candles, a wizard and lots of important papers that can't be lost. I would much rather it displayed my superheroes, there's a job for the rest of the holiday period.

Yes, they are awesome Superman PJs
Some more Wonder Woman themed gifts.  Wonder Woman #32 signed by George Perez, thank you mum and dad, a Wonder Woman apron which I opened to be told by my husband "Now you can bake me brownies in style". Guess I'm baking brownies at some point this Christmas break. Also a Wonder Woman dress up top complete with a little cape, unfortunately there isn't a picture of me in it because it attracted some unwanted attention from my husband, christmas morning is crazy enough without having to fend him off.
Signed by George Perez
So I look cool in the kitchen, apparently.





To be fair to my husband he has done well for me this year. Christmas present buying   hasn't always been his strong point, once he bought me an inflatable backpack, not really sure why, but it has taken nearly 15 years and he got so very right. The apron and little Wonder Woman  I have already mentioned, but alongside those he bought me 5 graphic novels. I must hold my hands up at this point and state I did create an Amazon wishlist as a huge huge hint. The one I am most excited about has to be the Astonishing X-Men omnibus, it is huge, so much X-Men fun in one place. I have started reading and made only a very small dent, which is good because I want it to last.



He also got me a very sweet Doctor Who themed necklace. I won't lie I am a little concerned it say 'FREE FOR USE OF PUBLIC' but rest assured anyone trying to take advantage of that will get a swift kick in the leg.


So there it is a round up of the geek themed gifts I got this year. I got many more wonderful gifts which I am very grateful for, far too many to share, and consider myself to be very lucky that I have family and friends that care. I hope you all had a great geek christmas and I'll leave you with a little picture of my family on christmas day.

5 comments:

  1. Make sure that apron don't inspire you to spin around like Wonder Woman in the kitchen - gotta be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I had a kitchen big enough in which to spin, but that doesn't stop me spinning in my sitting room, when no one else is home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where/what is that lil WW from? do you know if there are any more heroes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can only get them on Ebay in the UK, but they have a selection of DC heroes which are just awesome. I've ordered Batman already but really want Harley Quinn, but she's a lot more money. Here's a link
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Little-Mates-PVC-Super-Hero-Figures-DC-Comics-NEW-/180685375014?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&var=&hash=item6fc40fe876

    ReplyDelete