Saturday 26 November 2011

Tee's for comic fangirls


I often browse the net looking for comic themed clothes. Nothing like coming home after a long day working and slipping into by batman PJ bottoms and Marvel Heroes hoodie. But I find most of these are located in the men's department of the particular store I am perusing. Why is this? The other day a work colleague showed me some Marvel slippers in the Avon catalogue (she knows me so well) great I thought I'll have some, but no, they only do men's sizes 8 and up (UK) WHY? Anyway because of the lack of consideration on the part of retailers for the needs of the geek and nerd fangirls I have trawled the Internet and found some of my favourite tee's for the girl comic fan.


How cute is this? I love it, ickkle Storm. Available to buy here from Think Geek. Though Storm isn't my first choice of female superhero I think she looks fab here and I will add this to my christmas list.












This is a design by TheRandomFactor who has a lot of geek themed designs, but I choose this one because good ol' Jean Grey is one of my favourite heroines. I think that's mainly because I'm a romantic softy, and no I don't think I will ever forgive Cyclops. This is available to buy here.







I love this one featuring Wonder Woman, shame its only in pink, I'm not a huge fan of pink (apart for work clothes) but I think the design of this would persuade me on this occasion, to wear pink in my own time. Available here.













I like this because of the colour and it features some of the superheroes I like to read. Except of course for Green Lantern, I'm just not a huge fan, tried to read some comics but they didn't really really grip me, still simply for being in the Justice League he retains some cool factor. Available here.







One for the Scott Pilgrim fans. I put my hands up, I haven't yet read the comics just seen the film, but I enjoyed that enough to want to read the comics so I'll be adding it to my christmas list. Available here










Ahh Wolverine and Jean, what more can I say, Love the look and colour of this one and of course classic x-men storyline. Available here










Feeling a little evil? Don't always want to be the hero? Pop on this tee dedicated to the DC female super villains. Available here















Finally a simple design featuring Tony Starks very own Stark Industries logo. Love the colour plus the bonus of free delivery. Available here










 On occasion you may be lucky enough to find a tee in the mainstream shops. For instance I bought two awesome Wonder Woman tee's from Primark this summer. I sometimes buy from the men's department but find the fit a bit iffy and always feel strangled by the collars. Anyway, keep an eye out you don't know where they may pop up next, plus with the influx of superheroes movies bringing these long loved heroes into the mainstream, fingers crossed, we may get more designs for the girls. So there it is, some tee's for the girls. Stand up and show the world you are comic fan and proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment